The Chairman of the Board of Elders must be an Elder. In this capacity, the Chairman reports to the Board of Elders and shall be responsible for suggesting the organization and direction of the Board Members and assuring that Members communicate and cooperate with other Board Members and the Congregation as needed to accomplish the following duties.
l. Welcome Oversight and Direction from Elder Board Members
II. Must agree to serve as Chairman and be reviewed by the Board and elected annually
III. Seek to insure that the Elders, Deacons, the Pastor and Members work as partners in achieving Church Objectives.
IV. Encourage the Elder Board's achievement of Objectives
A. Aid the Pastor in financial decisions helping families/or person in need
B Be visible as Elder's in Church Services by ...
1. the serving of communion
2. collection of titles and offerings
3. standing with Pastor at conclusions of service as an additional spiritual resource.
4. The Elders will participate as "lay readers" of scripture before the Pastor's sermon.
5. Make an effort to speak to and welcome every newcomer quickly at church and further send cards, phone calls or visits following service as appropriate to visitors. Also, encourage attendance by providing a friendly atmosphere during Sunday services.
6. Following notification by the Pastor or Member, the Elder's will send cards of encouragement and hope to all Church Members and community Members including those who have been ill or are in troubled times.
V. Produce a negotiated Board Meeting Agenda 1 week prior to the Monthly Elder Board Meeting.
VI. Serve as Chairman of the Monthly Board meeting using Roberts Rules of Order as revised by the Deacon Board,
VII. Be involved with the Elder Board and others in the Formal Annual Evaluation of the Pastor and Music Minister.
VIII. Perform all other duties designated by the Lord’s Chapel Constitution or pertaining to the office.